Exercise is only half of the journey to losing weight and getting fit. I think the second part, eating, is the harder one of the two. I trained for years and never could get a flat stomach. Finally someone I was working with told me to write down everything I was eating. The first problem was, I was not eating enough and second problem was I wasn’t getting enough of the right foods. Once I tweaked my diet the results were astonishing, I was amazed that it actually worked. 5 foods that I added to my diet were:
- Raw almonds - 24 to 26 pieces as a snack. They are higher in calories, but the nutritional benefits out weigh the calorie factor.
- Eggs - I was told to eat an egg with my morning cereal. It has a good amount of protein.
- Skim milk - It has lean protein and helps maintain muscle mass.
- Apples - It’s high in fiber and antioxidants. They are high in pectin which binds with water and limits the amount of fat your cells can absorb.
- Cinnamon - Eating 1/4 to 2 teaspoons a day helps metabolize sugar.
Which of these foods are in your diet?
Photo credit: Stock.xchng